Accomplishments and Future Goals: 2015
Purchased and installed an outdoor webcam, allowing for photos refreshed every 15 minutes and posted to our website. Park visitors can visit our website to see the current weather at Staunton. We believe this to be the first camera with live photos in any Front Range Colorado State Park. Visit the page
Applied for and received grants from two organizations, Access Fund & Scarpa, for the construction of an informational Climbers' kiosk. Materials were purchased, and through the assistance of park volunteers the kiosk was constructed and installed.
Participated in this years Marmot Fest which was a tremendous success. Adopted out 74 stuffed marmots, raising $1,850 and making 74 families very happy.
Received donations totaling $1,400 for the memorial fund set up for the late Mark Madsen who visited the park often and loved Staunton.
Made enhancements to our successful website, www.friendsofstauntonstatepark.org. We are receiving more than 700 visits per week.
We are having continued success with our Facebook page. Our page is approaching 600 likes! Visit the page
We produced our 2016 Friends calendar. This is our third year producing the calendars and they have improved each year. Thanks to The Software Company and Brooks Place Tavern for sponsoring our calendar this year. We have already sold more than 70 calendars, raising in excess of $1,000.
Continued support of Staunton's Education Committee. Supporting travel expenses, etc. for school children to visit Staunton and learn about "preserving, promoting and protecting" the environment and our park.
Ice rescue equipment purchased at the request of park management for the safety of park visitors.
Preparation of art work and ordering informational signage for the Cabin District.
Participating in the grant process regarding the Cabin District Restoration Project.
Three new members joined our board, bringing our team to 7 members.
All board members participated in a two weekend long Board Retreat, reviewing our strategic plan, and enhanced our mission statement. Thanks to Kelly Trilk, husband of our board member, Sharon Trilk for donating his time to facilitate the sessions.
Through a grant from the state 2 board members attended a 2 day "Partners in the Outdoor Conference" in Keystone Colorado.
Purchase of items on the park's needs list, which include an e-bike for park personnel to help engage park visitors and facilitate rescues in remote areas.
Continue support of Staunton's Marmot Fest weekend.
Financial support for the park's education team. Fund transportation for school groups, such as Elk Creek Elementary School, to visit Staunton and learn about "preserving, promoting and protecting" the environment and our park.
Continue reviewing possible potential of the Benevon model for fundraising for the park.
Accomplishments and Future Goals: 2014
1. Developed a Bird Checklist brochure and Davis Ponds Interpretive Brochure. Both are available for download under "Resources." Visit the page
2. Purchased trail building equipment that was most recently used to build the new trail to the top of Lion's Head.
3. Currently in the process of setting up a weather camera that will be linked to the Friend's website.
4. Supported "Marmot Fest" through the Adopt-a-Marmot Program
5. Established initial board of directors - Prepared and filed the following documents:
- Articles of incorporation (received on 10/25/2012) - 501 (c) 3 received on 04/14/2013 (dated back to date of filing)
- Filed IRS form 990-N
6. Established contacts & developed ongoing relationships with:
- Community Partners
- Conifer Chamber of Commerce
- Individual and Family Members
- Friends of Colorado State Parks
- Friends groups from other Colorado state parks
7. Solicited sponsors for Staunton State Park’s grand opening
Raised funds to support the following Grand Opening Activities:
- Shuttle buses
- Children's climbing wall
- Children’s mountain bike course
- Commemorative pins
8. Raised additional funds through:
- Sale of notecards & calendars and the Adopt-A-Marmot-Program
9. Membership Brochure produced. Visit the page
10. New and improved website www.friendsofstauntonstatepark.org
11. Facebook page launched: Visit the page
12. Purchased AED device for the park
Future Goals for the Friends of Staunton Park
- Developing desired skill sets & soliciting new board members and committee chair positions
- Assisting park management on developing a “Recognition” program
- Developing formal marketing plan and branding
- Fund raising & membership drive
- Solicitation for grants to support Staunton State Park needs
- Interpretive signage at key locations in the park
- Purchase of additional trail building equipment and help fund additional trails
- Funding for future historic building restorations
Please support our community partners:
Copyright 2016 Friends of Staunton State Park
Website developed by Mindblown
We take security very seriously and our website hosting security is certified Level 1 PCI DSS compliant.